Sales ledger / Credit Control – Part time
About The Job
This a rare opportunity to join a leading FMCG business on a part time basis on a 3 month contract. You can select the 4 hours a day to suit you.
This is a very varied role with extensive liaison across the business so you must be a confident communicator with extensive sales ledger and credit control experience
Specific duties include:
- Accurately allocate payments against outstanding sales ledger transactions taking account of discount claimed by the customer and the payment terms and multiple currencies.
- Investigate and rectify all short/overpayments, ensure that all items on the ledger are understood, recoverable and pursued for payment within department KPIs and credit policy.
- Liaise with commercial sales / finance / customers to resolve pricing queries with a view to minimize queries and deductions.
- Identify at an early date errors in invoices, speedily resolve claims with the assistance of the sales, sites or distribution teams. Keep customers fully informed as to the progress and outcome of the claims. Occasional customer visits to discuss debt.
- Identify those customers with a poor payment record and prompt settlement within terms and prepare recommendations for further action.
- Work with colleagues to ensure daily production of invoices occur and are sent out and all reconciliations are completed.
- Discuss with the sales/commercial managers those accounts which ought to have supplies withheld.
- Work closely with colleagues to support each other during any periods of absence in the team to ensure performance sustained.
- To prepare analysis of accounts, overdue amount and claims as may be required by the Credit Manager.
The successful candidate must be able to start on 2 January 2018 so please contact us now.
Apply for Sales ledger / Credit Control – Part time ()
Please fill in all the fields to apply for the job. We will then get back to you as soon as possible.